SHADY RAY INTERVIEW




WG:Hey whatz good Shady Ray,first off jus wanna thanku homie 4 takin part on the Westcoast Gunsmoke Mixtape Vol 1,tell us a bit about yoself n where u represent

SHADY RAY: Well my name is Shady Ray The Sinista born and raised in Inglewood CA, (City Of Champs) I'm a grinder, I've been at this game since a youngin'. My story aint no different from anybody else from any other ghetto. I came up hard, in the streets of Inglewood, better known as The Bottoms. Born a natural hustler. My pops was a NY hustler who moved to the West so I was exsposed to alot of game at a young age. At age 11, my pops got mudered and it was on from there. I was in the streets young, doing dumb shit, bangin', going to jail, hangin' out hustling; you know the typical shit of a lost soul. My passion for music and just entertaining period had me fascinated. I always knew that God had a better plan for me. By age 14, I'm sitting in cyphers with Redrum and Kurupt. By 17 I'm going up to Deathrow Studios, chillin with Kurupt.,watching his grind and watching Pac grind. I knew this is what I wanna do for the rest of my life, make music.

WG:What made you wanna get in2 the rap game

SHADY RAY: The rap game was an outlet for me to express my anger ,my pain ,then my cousin D.J. Wiz Kid, Tommy Boys First Rap artist and my cousin Rich Nice, one of Motowns first artist was in the game making noise. I loved the music and feel I was destined for this. It was written (lol). I had the oppurtunity to be around some of the greats when they were in ther prime like Nice n Smooth, Tu Pac, and the Dogg Pound.

WG:Tell us about some of the artists you have collaborated with

SHADY RAY: Man, I Have done joints with Nice & Smooth, Big Wy, Quan, Bun B, I20, mixtape legend Snagapuss,the late Party Arty, Jay Rock, Redrum 781 Homie. I was on the original Still Tippin. You can google that. The original was Slim Thug, Me, and Chamillionare, produced by Houston's own Big Tyme. I have collaborated with M.O.P, Redman's artist Icarus, Boot Camp Clicks, Louieville Sluggah, Sadat X,Young Lord, Lord Tariq, Corey Gunnz , Lil Flip, Kanye's artist GLC, Shareefa, Gloria Valez, Rob Reef Tula, Purple City, The 5 Footers, Knumskull from the Loonies, Ice T, Kool Moe Dee, and Young Buck. Man I could go on and on.

WG:Now you have worked with a lot big named rappers,how did all that come about


SHADY RAY: I have been fortunate and real recognizes real. With the help of Rich Nice and my own grind and Gods blessing I've been able to mix and mingle and get love and respect from some of hip-hops finest.

WG:How do you compare 2days state of hiphop 2 that of the early n mid ninetys


SHADY RAY: Rap in the 90's had substance. It wasnt about how many cars or money you had it was about skills and originality. Now, you gotta sound like another nigga to get some love or come with some corny shit. Niggaz be shuckin and jiving nowadays.

WG:which artist do u respect the most in hiphop 2day


SHADY RAY: The artist I respect the most in hip hop today is the Dogg Father, Snoop Dogg himself. He's the man. He had it his way and kept it gangsta. He didnt come out of his character and made the world love him through all his trials and tribulations. He maintained and made niggaz like me proud to be west coast artist. He has stayed consistent and lasted through the times, even while west coast aint getting the love they deserve, everybody loves Snoop.

WG:How did u hear about westcoast Gunsmoke Vol 1

SHADY RAY: I got hit up on myspace. They were showing me love and I respected their proffesionalism. They asked me for a joint and I appreciated the love and I was with it. You have to realize we're in a day in age where the west is not given their just do. I had to rock with cats recognizing the real.

WG:you have a bangin track ft Big WY (Boss Music) on Westcoast Gunsmoke Vol 1,who produced that track

SHADY RAY: My homie Bamba Naazar, who also produced the new single for Redman's new album. He's done like 20 joints for me and he's also on the hook. He's an animal.

WG:Was u eva involved in gang violence


SHADY RAY: Man, was I. From the hood, homie it comes with the territory and that's not something I wanna even glorify, feel me. There's too much fakeness going around as it is. I rose above all that like a real man supposed to. Adversity brings out the best in a gee

WG:What advice do you have for rising westcoast artists

SHADY RAY:The advice I would give is to keep grinding, stay true to yourself, and reach for the stars. It's out there for you, just belive and you will achieve. Never give up on ya deams and keep it west coast.

WG:Do you have any shows/tours lined up for 09

SHADY RAY: 2009 gonna be crazy! I got show after show after show , which is a good thing. I got a few videos coming out and it's gonna be a good year.

WG:Will you be takin part on Westcoast Gunsmoke Vol 2


SHADY RAY: man if west coast gun smoke will have me fosho i will be on two three and four its nothing but love

WG:What was the last album u bought or downloaded

SHADY RAY: The last album I bought or downloaded was that new Luda.

WG:homie last of all jus wanna thank you 4 takin part in this interview on behalf of Devious Records/Dubz Up Nation n Hard Livin Ent,do u have any shoutoutz or last werdz

SHADY RAY: It's all love. I wanna shout out Ghetto Militia, L.S., Lil Shady, Big Wy, Rich Nice, Sway Jay Rock, Bamba Naazar, Jeff Mace, Big French, Redrum, Greg Nice, Billy Dance Of M.O.P, Arthur Jones, my Lil Bro Gee, L Boogs, The whole City Of Inglewood and every one down wit the Shady Ray Movement. Also big shout out to Westcoast gunsmoke R.I.P Baby Hawk, Spider, Lil Bandit, B Brazy, and Party Arty. Free Lil Hawk and Lil Lunch also check me out at myspace.com/shadyraythasinista or cdbaby.com/Shadyray2 also smokingunmusic.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Shady Ray Rocks Ghetto Militia

Post a Comment