J DUB LUCIANO INTERVIEW

WG: Whatz good homie first off jus wanna thank u 4 takin part on (Westcoast Gunsmoke Vol 1)mixtape,can u tell us a bit about yo self and where u represent

JDL:I go by the name J-Dub Luciano, and I represent the Bay Area to the fullest, the state of California, and those that love this rap shit.

WG:What made you wanna get in2 the rap game.

JDL:I just had the music thing in me. I told my mom to cop Michael Jackson when I was 3, I was spitting along with MC Hammer when I was in 3rd grade word for word, ha, and then Snoop and Dre hit the scene in 92 and the motivation and inspiration has been in me ever since. I make this music for me and my people and if the world likes it, then thats proper.

WG:What other projects do u have goin on

JDL:Right now I'm putting the final touches on my debut solo album, "Welcome to the Underworld." The single, "Shoot That Dummy Juice" is about to be poppin' and we're goin to be pushin this J-Dub shit to the fullest. I'm working on shit with a lot of other artists right now.

WG:What are some of the artists you have collaborated with.

JDL:I've worked with some bay heavyweights like San Quinn and Goldie Gold of the Federation, to my people Amadeus, Decipher, to Sabotawj and them down in San Diego, Syndrome and Mike S out in the UK. We did some shows with JT The Bigga Figga, and I was also featured on Mandatory Hyphy Volume 1 put out by Snoop and JT. The list can go on and on, but I've worked with some talented people so far.

WG:You have a bangin track [Ring Ding Ding Remix] on Westcoast Gunsmoke Vol 1 ft Sabotawj n San Quinn,can u tell us how that track come about.

JDL:Basically I was making a track for my album and I had just met up with Sabotawj out of San Diego through my man Amadeus. I wanted to get Sabotawj on a track and once he spit and once I spit I knew we had a banger. I decided to reach out to San Quinn and open my doors a little bit and he came through and showed us love and did his thing. I freestyled the chorus right on the spot and the rest is history. Watch out for 2 remixes of that track that'll be on my album. One by Mike S, and one by Da Beatzmith out of Boston, Mass.

WG: What do u think about the state of hiphop 2day compared to the early n mid-ninetys

JDL:Rap will never be like that again. I stay current with my sound and my spit, but those days will always be the foundation for my inspiration. There will never be a time like that in hip-hop again. Thats the golden era.

WG:You are also featured on Syndrome's upcomin new album (The Devious Diary)on the track (Rock Da Spot) which has had quite a bit of exposure in UK/Europe,do u have any plans to come out to UK/Europe in the near future.

JDL:I would love to come out there. I know some people out there is feeling me. I've never been out of the US, so that would be a great place to start. If I can get out there, Imma do it.

WG:What was the last album you bought or downloaded

JDL:The last album I bought was The Ball Street Journal by E-40.

WG:Where do you see yourself in the next 5 yrs

JDL:In the next 5 years..skies the limit. Imma push this rap shit to the fullest and whatever happens happens. I know one thing for sure, I'll always be with my family and friends.

WG:What advice do u have for rising westcoast artists...

JDL:Keep your head up, stay grinding, believe in yourself, and don't let the haters stop you. People want to see you fail, but if you got the desire you can succeed. The music industry is hella shady, so stay on your toes and keep a set of eyes in the back of your head.

WG:Last i jus wanna thank u for takin part in this interview on behalf of Devious Records/Dubz Up Nation n Hard Livin Ent,do u have any shoutoutz or last werdz

JDL:I want to shoutout to all the people that support my shit and keep it real. You know who you are. And I wanna say what up to all the fans and to my future fans that are loving my tracks...Shoutout to Syndrome and Mike S for this Westcost Gunsmoke compilation too. Keep it 100!

No comments:

Post a Comment