SABOTAWJ INTERVIEW




WG:.First of all homie jus wanna thanku 4 takin part in the westcoast Gunsmoke mixtape Vol 1,tell us a bit about yoself and where u represent.

SABOTAWJ:They call me Sabotawj aka Sabotawjyostyle aka da key 2 da city. I represent dat Rhymeside, Im from Southeast San Diego, Killa Kali, but I rep for my whole city!

WG:.what made you wanna get in2 the rap game

SABOTAWJ:I think it was more of getting into Hip Hop then so much the "rap game". I was always into the culture since I was a youngsta. I wrote my first verse at 12 or so. Before that I was real heavy into the B Boy Element of the culture. As time went by I dabbled in Graffitti eventually finding my strength with emceeing was mad stronger than the rest of my skills. Far as the game goes if I wasn't doing this professionally, I would be making music no matter what my day job was. I always have and always will; music is just in me.

WG:.What other projects do u have goin on


SABOTAWJ:Oh man, dats a whole nother interview haha. Lets narrow it down. This year I released my new album, "Tomorrow Today", and Im currently finishin up the final mixes for my first online only release "Earthtones Wit A Mercury Feel" which will hit the world March 09, its a pure underground record, I like to call it Hardcore Soul. Of course we will be hittin u in da head wit the next volume of Da Cannibus Club: Muzik To Smoke 2 series around Canibus Cup Time!

WG:.What are some of the artists you have collaborated with and how did they come about.

SABOTAWJ:Let's see... as far as names the masses may be more familiar with I have blessed joints alongside, Hussein Fatal of The Outlawz, Raekwon The Chef, Bo Roc of The Doveshack, Chops, King Tee, San Quinn, and a gang of underground fixtures like Lounge Lo, Syndrome, Long Axe of Tha Beggas, Dragonfly of Tha Beggas, Dom Pachino of Killarmy, Napoleon of Wu Syndicate, Blame One, Johaz of Deep Rooted, Masia One, Orko, Odessa Kane, Fudge Dog, and a slew more way too many to name...Im a workaholic ha ha.

WG:.you have a 2 bangin tracks on westcoast gunsmoke mixtape,one of them has features by San Quinn and J Dub,how did that come about.

SABOTAWJ:Thank you, the first collab is from the bay area homey J Dub Luciano I was in the area fuckin wit my doo epeezy out in da epa, and I think we did a show in frisco earlier that same day. I slid out to lace up dat joint wit J and Quinn jumped on and it was a wrap, shit came together real fresh. As for the ride out joint dat was a Mike S Hard Livin/ Da Cannibus Club special haha. I heard bout the mixtape and felt it was the perfect oppurtunity to shout some of my UK fam out on dat right there, the whole process was ill, I felt like the beat already did most of the work for me so half dat is written, da other half just off da top, shit came out hard and in the trunk shit slumps!

WG:.what do you think about the state of hiphop 2day compared to the early n mid ninetys

SABOTAWJ:I can't compare the two, the mid nineties is uncomparable to any other time in hip hop, at least in my eyes.

WG:.you was featured on a track ft Fudge Dogg and Syndrome [Westcoast Luv] which has had quite a bit of exposure in europe and the uk,do you have any plans to come out to uk/europe in the near future.


(Rhenan Supreme said) "Cut the check and we there"
(Sabotawj said) "yeah dat"

WG:.What was the last album you bought or downloaded.

SABOTAWJ:Devin The Dude - Landing Gear

WG:.Last I jus wanna thankyou for taking part in this interview by Devious Records and Dubz Up Nation,is there anyone you wanna shout out or any last werdz

SABOTAWJ: Yeah thanks to Devious, Dubz Up, Peace to Hard Livin, Uncontrollable Rhymesidaz, NGU, Block Exchange and everyone i fucks wit in this music game and all the real thuggies holdin me down thru this drought! Myspacers hit me at www.myspace.com/sabotawjyostyle and webheads catch me on www.sabotawj.com peace

No comments:

Post a Comment