SICK YG INTERVIEW

WG:Hey whatz good Sick YG, first off jus wanna thanku 4 takin part in this interview and being a part of Westcoast Gunsmoke Vol 5,tell us a bit about yoself n where u represent.

SYG: What's good! This is your dude Sick YG coming out of Fillmoe, California, home of the world famous Fillmore Auditorium and the legendary Fillmore Slim.


WG:What made you wanna get in2 the rap game.

SYG: Well, actually, my uncle Big Bob was one of the pioneer DJ's in Hip Hop from the Bay; so, I inherited the game.




WG:Tell us about some of the artists you have collaborated with.

SYG: I've collaborated with numerous artists such as: Z-Man of One Block Radius, Equipto, Sco Journers, Skitz, Bored Stiff, The Grouch, Hugh EMC, Mike Marshall, Chunk, and an array of other highly talented artists in the game.




WG:How do you compare 2days state of hiphop 2 that of the early n mid ninetys.

SYG:. Well, in the 90's you had to be on top of your game to shine due to the limited resources that there was to distribute your music. Nowadays, it seems that everybody wants to be in the music game. And, with the internet playing a large role as far as exposure, it's easier for artists to get their music heard.


WG:which artist do u respect the most in hiphop 2day.

SYG: I respect all artists that's trying to do their thing and make a mark in this game.


WG:What are some of the projects u have goin on/mixtapes/albums.etc.

SYG: Well, let's see... I have 3 tracks on the smash hit video game presented by Platinum Games and SEGA entitled "MadWorld" which is doing well. Also, I have an EP available exclusively on MySpace called "Furious Styles" where I take it back to the essence of Hip Hop. I have a few projects in the works: "Black Gothem" the compilation and "Euphoria" the compilation both of which will be debuting some new hot artists to look forward to.



WG:What would u like 2 accomplish in the next year.

SYG:I'd like to be on an international tour by next year. So, Google me and get as much Sick YG music as you can and show your love and support.


WG:Was u eva involved in gang violence.

SYG:As far as that goes, I'll just say that I was a product of my environment.


WG:What advice do you have for rising westcoast artists.

SYG: My advice to all artists that's trying to get into the game is to keep striving, stay consistent, and believe in your talent.


WG:Do you have any shows/tours lined up for 09.

SYG: Yes, for all show dates visit me at http://www.myspace.com/sickyg




WG:Have you checked out westcoastgunsmoke Vol,1,2,3 n 4.

SYG: Yes, I have and I must say that y'all are doing your thing. I'm honored for you making me a part of it.


WG:What was the last album u bought or downloaded.

SYG:. Honestly, I was in a store and had seen the old school 12" C.I.A. (Ice Cube's first group) and I had to grab it.


WG:homie last of all jus wanna thank you 4 takin part in this interview on behalf of Devious Records/Dubz Up Nation n Hard Livin Ent,do u have any shoutoutz or last werdz.

SYG:. I want to send a shout to Westcoast Gunsmoke for puttin' me on, My entire Family, Skitz, The Beat Meiser, Big Bob, Toney Tone, Shima Sounds, Shuzz, Joey Slick, The whole Joint One Fam, Ciano Ceved, Conglomerade Music Group Inc., Hugh EMC, DJ-X1, Max Millie, The Cannibus Company, FTC, Lenny Williams, Chunk, Z-Man, Sco Journers, D-Fresh, Sky Baller, Equipto, Tabb Doe, Earl Franchise, Slapp Turner, 24, Gigalo Gee, J. Grimm, A-1, Mack Mir, Bumpy Mack, Kick Back, JD Walker the Boss Talker the Night Stalker the Water Walker, Joe Bennett, Sal Bo, Eddie Caine, Young Rome, Thief Da High Priest, Willie Hen, everybody in my camp, everbody in Fillmoe, the entire West Coast, all of my sexy MySpace female friends, and any body that slipped my mind, I Love You Too.! One Love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment